Imagine you took 5 regular working class people, and gave each one of them a million dollars to spend or invest however they like. What do you think they would do with it?
If we checked up on those same 5 people in 5 years, I guarantee you almost every one of them would have spent almost all of that money.
Now what if we did the opposite? Imagine you took 5 first generation millionaires, meaning they made it for themselves, and you made them start over again with no connections or money. What do you think would happen to them?
If we checked up on them 5 years later, I guarantee you that almost every one of those first generation millionaires would either be a millionaire again, or close to becoming a millionaire again.
Why? Because it’s all about mindset.
Having the right or wrong mindset when it comes to wealth creation is what separates the financially independent from everybody else.
Having the wrong mindset is the reason why every lottery winner goes broke after 3 to 5 years of winning the lottery.
So what makes those who are financially independent different from those who are not?
Well those who are self made just look at money differently. They have different ideas about earning, saving, spending, and investing. They don’t view money as the thing that controls their lives. Instead, they view money as a tool to build the kind of life they want to live.
That’s the secret to becoming financially well off. It has nothing to do with where you live, what you learned in school, or your current bank account. But it has everything to do with your mindset toward money, wealth, and your future.
Unfortunately, most people have an unhealthy relationship with money, which is usually the result of being taught so many false ideas about it.
In order to change your life financially, you need to change the way you think, feel, and act about money.
Here are some key beliefs the most successful people in the world have:
1) In a free-market economy, anyone can make as much money as they want.
2) Your background, highest level of education, or IQ is irrelevant when it comes to earning money.
3) The fastest way to make money is to solve a problem. The bigger the problem you solve, the more money you make.
4) Stop worrying about running out of money and focus on how to make more.
5) Start seeing money for all the good things it can bring: Freedom, opportunity, possibility, and abundance.
6) Don’t wait for your ship to come in. You’re not going to be discovered, saved, or made rich by an outside force. If you want a lot of money, build your own ship. No one is coming to the rescue.
Maybe you don’t have the wealth creating mindset yet, which is fine. No one ever does at first. It takes time and discipline to rewire your brain.
However, the path to financial independence starts out with a decision, a decision to want to learn to view money properly, which is entirely in your control.